Day 14: #iwontsayyesterdaysucked but...

Yesterday was, in a word, well...in a nice word: hard.
I was exhausted from two mostly sleepless nights, was in a foul mood most of the day, the "Call the Midwife" season finale was very disappointing and, to top it all off, in my exhausted stupor I washed a much-needed check.

But, because I don't want to be one of those people who fills the internet with griping and negativity...I'm going to list out the things that didn't suck were good about yesterday.

Here goes:

  1. I woke up, mostly healthy and able to function...and there was coffee readily available.
    True. Story.
  2. My car got me where I needed to go and didn't break down or run out of gas or anything like that.
    Go, Goldie, Go!
  3. I had a job to go to that pays me money for the time I spend chained to my desk working.
    Um...whistle while you work?
  4. I didn't get bitten by a brown recluse spider. (Do yourself a favor and DO NOT google "Brown Recluse spider bite. Or click that link right there. #nightmarefodder #welcometomynightmare)
  5. I got through the whole day without encountering a single terrorist, nazi, or ne're do well.
  6. When I returned home, my house was just as I'd left it: messy, but intact.
  7. I didn't break a single Mason Jar! #andtherewasmuchrejoicing
  8. There wasn't a zombie apocalypse.
  9. I saw a dog...and it was an Irish Wolfhound!!
  10. I got to spend the evening with one of the sweetest families I know...and there was much laughing.
  11. Thanks to coconut oil, I smelled delicious all day AND the pain in my sunburn was almost totally gone, allowing me to sleep again...which means, I will no longer be Miss Hannigan.
     photo doihearsinging_zps08e62ed6.gif


  12. I didn't get lice or ebola or ecoli or botulism or even amoebic dysentery. 
  13. I was not attacked by a bear.
  14. I was not abducted by aliens...at least I think I wasn't. #sneakyaliens
  15. I didn't develop alopecia and lose all my hair.
  16. I had food to eat.
  17.  I didn't spill anything on my shirt. #thestruggleisreal
  18. I did not drink a single shot of wheatgrass or eat a single piece of tofu.
  19. I ate meat at every meal.
    20. Oh, and, of course, I had beautiful red lips!

    Mwah!
    So, I guess yesterday didn't suck was good after all. ;)

0 comments: